Data ScientistAI team
Mediwhale is a pioneering AI healthcare startup focusing on predicting cardiovascular, renal, and metabolic disease (CVRM) risks using retinal biomarkers. The eye is the only organ where blood vessels are directly visible without invasive procedures, which is our key to unlocking unprecedented insights into human health. Capitalizing on the power of advanced data and AI technologies, our mission is to bridge the gap between doctors and patients, and accelerate the shift towards personalized and sustainable health, all seen through the human eye.
We are shaping a hyper-scale data ecosystem that makes this revolutionary vision possible. At its heart is the continuous improvement and expansion of AI through data, also known as data-centric AI. This encompasses the entire process of exploring the direction of products through data analysis, establishing effective data collection and labeling strategies, transforming the data into its optimal form and quality, updating and validating AI models on them, and re-analyzing the data of the deployed products. The role of a data scientist at Mediwhale is to design, analyze, and enhance the data throughout this entire cycle, allowing for continuous and explosive growth of the products. At this exciting juncture, we invite ambitious data scientists to join our vibrant team, play a pivotal role in our novel initiatives, and develop alongside us.
- Propel business insights and directions through rigorous statistical analysis and data interpretation on extensive medical datasets.
- Establish modern data analytics and visualization tools to elucidate actionable insights and interpretations across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Develop and validate predictive models and advanced algorithms, working cohesively with ML engineers and medical experts.
- Collaborate ardently with data engineers to ensure impeccable data quality and accessibility, fostering continuous enhancement of AI solutions.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL.
- Solid knowledge of statistics and machine learning concepts.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake, Databricks, etc.
- Experience with analytics/visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Grafana, Streamlit, etc.
- Experience with Git and Github for version control and collaboration.
- Experience with Docker and Docker Compose for software containerization and orchestration.
- Experience with medical or healthcare data.
- Publication records or academic achievements in data/AI-related fields.
- Flexible working conditions including work-from-home (2 days per week)
- Company-supported daily lunch and snacks
- Annual comprehensive health check-up
- Additional leaves including vaccine leave, birthday leave, and condolence leave, in addition to statutory annual leave
- Support for work-related books and job-related training
- Process: Document screening – HR 1st interview – Job interview (comprised of coding assignment and CTO interview) – Tea time with CEO Selection
- Application documents: Free format (including resume)
- Please highlight your motivation for applying to Mediwhale, your interest in the position, and your strengths related to the job
- Interviews: Each interview is expected to take approximately 30 to 50 minutes
At Mediwhale, we deeply value the pivotal role data scientists play in shaping our AI solutions and achieving our overarching vision. We’re committed to offering a stimulating environment where you can dive deep, innovate, and make a transformative impact. Our compensation is competitive, coupled with holistic benefits, and a work culture that recognizes and celebrates your invaluable contributions. Join us in this mission to redefine the healthcare sector, employing data as a tool to better lives and elevate health outcomes.