Mediwhale is a pioneering AI healthcare startup focusing on predicting cardiovascular, renal, and metabolic disease (CVRM) risks using retinal biomarkers. The eye is the only organ where blood vessels are directly visible without invasive procedures, which is our key to unlocking unprecedented insights into human health.
Mediwhale pioneered the commercialization of AI technology predicting cardiovascular diseases through retinal scans. We’re seeking an IP team leader to transform our core technology into valuable intellectual property rights, enabling us to compete and surpass giants like Google. Join us in shaping our groundbreaking medical technology to become a global healthcare standard. This position reports directly to the CEO
- Create and manage patent portfolios (*Collaborate with R&D team and external attorneys for portfolio creation and annual updates)
- Develop a technology roadmap based on current development status and plans
- Rebuild IP portfolios by comparing them to the rights areas of existing intellectual property
- Establish strategies for intellectual property
- Conduct technology transfer tasks such as patents and know-how
- Identify and analyze competitor patents, derive technology gaps
- Create and update a patent map (*Engage patent office services)
- Handle patent applications and examination responses
- Identify new technology through internal R&D meetings and idea generation
- Conduct prior art searches (*Engage patent office services) and formulate application strategies
- Review patent application specifications, respond to Office Actions, review registration decisions
- Manage internal intellectual property
- Manage patent systems, education, employee invention compensation, etc.
- Compile a list of intellectual properties and manage related documents
- Other tasks include trademark application, registration, and management
- Acquiring a patent attorney’s qualification followed by over 5 years of practical experience in the relevant field
- Ability to communicate with engineers and employ strategic thinking
- Proficiency in business English communication
- Healthcare experience
- Flexible working conditions including work-from-home (2 days per week)
- Company supported daily lunch and snacks
- Annual comprehensive health check-up.
- Additional leaves including vaccine leave, birthday leave, and condolence leave, in addition to statutory annual leave
- Support for work-related books and job-related training
- Process: Document screening – 1st interview – 2nd interview – Final Acceptance
- Tasks may be assigned according to the role, and the interview process may be subject to change.
- Application documents: Free format (including resume)
- Interviews: Each interview is expected to take approximately 30 to 60 minutes.
- Some interviews may be conducted in English or through video call.