Backend engineerProduct team
Mediwhale is a pioneering AI healthcare startup focusing on predicting cardiovascular, renal, and metabolic disease (CVRM) risks using retinal biomarkers. The eye is the only organ where blood vessels are directly visible without invasive procedures, which is our key to unlocking unprecedented insights into human health.
Capitalizing on the power of advanced data and AI technologies, our mission is to bridge the healthcare gap between doctors and patients, expediting the shift towards personalized and sustainable health. At this exciting juncture, we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to make our revolutionary vision possible. This position reports directly to the CPO.
- Design SaMD (Software as Medical Device) products based on business needs, user requirements, and medical device regulations.
- Design databases for product line expansion.
- Collaborate with AI and research teams to deploy and manage AI models.
- Analyze and resolve issues that arise during service operation, tailored to user needs.
- 5+ years of experience in Backend development.
- Proficiency in Python Web frameworks.
- Experience with deploying AI models based on PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Proficiency in Docker/Docker Compose for software containerization and orchestration.
- Proficiency in Git/Github for version control and collaboration.
- Proficiency in cloud services such as AWS, GCP, etc
- Understanding of SaMD (Software as a Medical Device).
- Experience in medical/healthcare data, DICOM, EMR, PACS, HL7, etc.
- Experience in image processing/computer vision.
- Experience in MLOps development and operations
- Flexible working conditions including work-from-home (2 days per week)
- Company-supported daily lunch and snacks
- Annual comprehensive health check-up
- Additional leaves including vaccine leave, birthday leave, and condolence leave, in addition to statutory annual leave
- Support for work-related books and job-related training
- Process: Document screening – HR 1st interview – Job interview (comprised of coding assignment and CPO interview) – Tea time with CEO Selection – Negotiation of Terms – Final Acceptance
- Application documents: Free format (including resume)
- Please highlight your motivation for applying to Mediwhale, your interest in the position, and your strengths related to the job
- Interviews: Each interview is expected to take approximately 30 to 50 minutes